Wednesday, September 7, 2011

250/365 Celebrate the French?

OK so I popped a bottle of champagne tonight to celebrate...champagne?  I can't really say I just was so

glad the temperature might drop below 80 at some point this evening, that I decided to stop at Bevmo to see

if there was any sort of liquor I can add to champagne, that I haven't tried yet.  Champagne & Chambord

cocktails is one of my favorite drinks.  So I decided I needed to branch out, so I found some Chateau

Pomari and some St. Germain, and can I just say ... Vive la France!  They invented champagne and these

other two jewels that I am enjoying tonight.  Chateau Pomari is a pomegranate liquor, that is pretty tasty,

not as sweet as the raspberry version (Chateau Monet).  But the St. Germain is like nothing I've ever tasted,

it is made from Elder flower blossoms.  I will be slowly working my way through the list of cocktails they

have on their website!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very "Haw Haw Haaaaw!" -Amy

Anonymous said...

Or is that "Hoa Hoa Hooaa"? (I don't speak French -Amy

Rebecca said...

Wilson Creek Almond Champagne + Chocolate Liqueur = Awesome.

That is all.