Sunday, March 20, 2011

79/365 Real Recycling

Jer and I are constantly having this recycling discussion.  He thinks it's crazy to recycle our garbage

because people keep telling him that it's so inefficient that the trash company just dumps them all in the

same place and charges us an up charge for recycling it.  Now, I'm not so sure so I separate my trash like

I'm told.  So back and forth we go.  The one thing we really agree on is that reusing old items is the best

form of recycling, which is so up my alley.  Anyways I had this project to do that spiraled into something

entirely else and I wound up making a bulletin board out of junk I had lying around the house and

garage.  I had an old bulletin board that the ugly frame had broken on (so I ripped off the frame and kept

the cork part), I purchased an old window frame at my last flea market excursion, and I always have tons

of cute fabric left over from my quilting projects.  Here's what I came up with...



It only took about 20 minutes to make!  I used stapler and an exacto knife, it was so easy.  I'll post a

picture of it again when I hang it up and get some stuff pinned on it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You define creativity. Period.

Lisa Smits said...

Thanks Kristen, that means so much coming from you. Now if I just had some pictures to put on it...I am so excited to look through the pictures tomorrow!