Monday, January 31, 2011

31/365 Tea for Two!

Anybody who knows me well knows I have a bizarre fascination with tea pots and tea cups.  They are 

just so darned fancy, which is pretty much the opposite of me.  I just love the utter daintiness of them.  

Anyways, this is the tea set that started it all.  I bought this tea set at a little shop on Grand about 8 years 

ago.  It's tiny, for kids I guess, and so sugary sweet.  When I bought I had every intention of giving it to 

Sophia, but I couldn't even let her look at it, because I love it too much!  So I hid it away where no kids 

could ever find it.  I brought it out again and put it in the Hoosier in my kitchen where I could get visual 

enjoyment from it when I opened the cupboard door.  I am getting better about letting the kids touch it 

now.  That was a big step for me.  Sadie is pretty sure it's hers (It's still mine!!!) and I even let her drink 

tea from it when I have ladies over for fancy coffee.  But I always keep a close eye on it...I guess I can 

share it with you though.


No comments: