Sunday, July 24, 2011

205/365 Whale Watching

After sleeping the wedding off, we all went whale watching.  Orcas Island is of curse known for it's 

Killer Whale Pods.  I was hoping to get some amazing whale pictures, but the Killer Whales had 

different ideas  they decided to swim out to sea this morning, I'm pretty sure it's because they heard that 

Julie has returned my telephoto lens and I am so ready for this.  So instead we saw Minke Whales, which 

in all my photos look like dolphins...but they're not, they are whales.  We also saw Seals, Sea Lions, 

Bald Eagles, some interesting birds related to Puffins.  But we still had fun, Sophia got to spend more 

time with Elijah, and Madison with Mia! 





1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Since posts are listed most recent first, this one was at the top of my google reader, and I thought, Montana must have changed quite a bit if recreational opportunities include whale watching. Hehee. :)